Top 10 Questions to Ask Your Estate Planning Lawyer
1. Do you use computerized drafting software?
2. Do you assign your non-attorney staff the responsibility to input information into drafting software to draft my estate planning documents?
3. How much time do you personally spend drafting my estate plan?
4. How are you different from internet sites that produce estate planning documents from a questionnaire?
5. Is funding my Trust included or is there an extra charge?
6. Do you personally coordinate re-titling of assets into my Trust or do you assign that to a non-attorney staff member?
7. Do you coordinate my retirement accounts with my estate plan?
8. Do you charge an annual fee whether my plan needs to be updated or not?
9. Do you personally litigate Trust disputes if there is a problem with my estate plan?
10. Are you available, after I sign my documents, to answer questions at no charge?
Click here to download the article.
SECURITY PLANNING GROUP, INC.
Admitted USTax Court, 1987
Cal. Ins. Lic. 0768932
IRS CAF No.: 036-45708R
Information Not Legal Advice. This article has been prepared for general information purposes only. The information in this article is not legal advice. Legal advice is dependent upon the specific circumstances of each situation. Also, the law may vary from state to state, so that some information in this article may not be correct for your jurisdiction. Finally, the information contained in this article is not guaranteed to be up to date. Therefore, the information contained in this article cannot replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your state.
Disclaimer of Warranty. The material, information and opinions expressed in this article are provided without any warranties, express, implied or statutory. Any and all implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are hereby disclaimed.